CHỮA ĐỀ THI THẬT BAND 8.5+ IELTS WRITING TASK 2 NGÀY 09/09/2023
Question: Schools should focus on academic success and passing examinations. Skills such as cookery, dressmaking and woodwork should not be taught at school as it is better to learn these from family and friends. To that extent do you agree or disagree?
(IELTS Academic – 09/09/2023)
In today’s rapidly changing world, the role of schools extends beyond merely imparting academic knowledge and exam-oriented success. While academic achievements hold undeniable importance, the idea that schools should exclusively focus on academic success at the expense of practical life skills such as cookery, dressmaking, and woodwork seems overly restrictive. I firmly disagree with the notion that schools should exclude these essential skills from their curriculum, as there are strong arguments in favor of a balanced approach to education.
First and foremost, schools play a pivotal role in equipping students with a well-rounded skill set that extends beyond bookish knowledge. Practical skills like cookery, dressmaking, and woodwork not only promote creativity but also foster a sense of independence and self-sufficiency. These abilities prepare students for real-life situations and empower them to become competent and resourceful individuals.
Furthermore, not all students have the privilege of learning these skills from family and friends. In today’s increasingly nuclear and busy family structures, the availability of knowledgeable family members may be limited. Schools, as institutions of learning, should fill this gap and ensure that all students have access to a diverse range of life skills.
Additionally, teaching practical skills in schools can enhance students’ problem-solving abilities, critical thinking, and teamwork, which are transferable skills beneficial in various aspects of life, including their future careers.
In conclusion, a well-rounded education should encompass both academic success and practical life skills. Schools have a crucial role to play in preparing students for the complexities of modern life, and excluding valuable skills like cookery, dressmaking, and woodwork from their curriculum would be a disservice to the students and society at large. A balanced approach that integrates academic and practical skills is essential to produce well-rounded, capable individuals ready to face the challenges of the real world.
Từ vựng hay:
- Imparting academic knowledge and exam-oriented success: Truyền đạt kiến thức học thuật và thành công trong thi cử.
- Exclusively focus on academic success: Tập trung đặc biệt vào thành công học thuật.
- A well-rounded skill set: Tập hợp kỹ năng đa dạng và cân đối.
- Foster a sense of independence: Nuôi dưỡng tinh thần độc lập.
- Resourceful individuals: Những cá nhân thông minh, khéo léo và nhanh nhạy.
- Fill this gap: Lấp đầy khoảng trống này.
- Transferable skills: Kỹ năng có thể chuyển đổi.
- Beneficial in various aspects of life: Có lợi ích trong nhiều khía cạnh của cuộc sống.
- A balanced approach: Một cách tiếp cận cân đối.
- Well-rounded, capable individuals: Cá nhân đa năng, có khả năng.